“First I'm gonna take your ride, then I'm gonna take your girl. Get ready for that.”
– Clarence “Razor” Callahan, Blacklist #1
Hello Neocities neighbors and internet visitors! Welcome to my home on the World Wide Web. I enjoy writing about my favorite video games and expressing my creativity. I have a variety of content you can check out. Stuff you can read, glance at, or download. You may not know me within this vast cyberspace, but perhaps you may recognize these projects I have been involved in:
- BurstIntoTreats was a Wordpress blog about RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 using this same anonym back in 2012. I created it as a single page "general" on how to install and play the game on modern Windows systems. It was as a more efficient alternative to using Pastebin when the game was seeing a resurrection on an imageboard. The blog served over 67,000 hits until it was suspended almost exactly two years later.
- Half-Life Bumper Cars is a total conversion modification that transformed Half-Life into bumper car combat with kart racing style power-ups, maybe about 11 years before Team Fortress 2 copied it. It featured characters from Valve games and other popular Half-Life mods in cross-over dream matches. The mod was officially recognized on page 151 of the unreleased version of Half-Life 2: Raising The Bar. I joined the team to help ship the first Steam-compatible release, and got my first taste of game development in junior high.
- Half-Life Creations is a modding community spun off from Half-Life Improvement. It served as a forum for Half-Life content creators to showcase their creativity with 3D models, texture work, animations, and level design. I did the web design for Half-Life Creations including the latest makeover celebrating its 10th year anniversary.
You are visitor for a total of bursted treats. I have been lazy with new content since .
“Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses, asshole.”
– John “Johnny Cage” Carlton
Below is a compilation of interesting links I have accumulated over the years. They are arranged into categories, but be sure to browse high and low because you might discover something new. After all, you visit the web 1.0 with a curious appetite for things you never knew existed.
- Neocities – Web 1.0 is cool again!
- Neocities hit counters – Made simple by Melonking.
- Events in Neocities History – Quick history lesson from Owlman.
- Our Space – Find other cool Neocities sites through this ring.
- Hyperlink – Now with sub-rings.
- Daniel's Network – Search engine for the early web.
- Wiby – Another one but with a button to roll for a random site.
- One Terabyte of Kilobyte Age – Hourly screen captures of archived Geocities sites.
Music & Listening
- K1RZA's lossless Eurobeat collection – FTP treasury of FLAC compilations.
- ParaParaMania artist list – Eurobeat discographies to help with finding songs on the FTP.
- The Deb of Night – Deb's late night talk show lives on in your browser! Volume warning.
- Joystick and Button Attributes and Brand Parts – Sanwa this, Seimitsu that.
- Restart Syndrome – Submit shoot 'em up single credit runs and rank on leaderboards.
- World of Arcades – Promotional print materials of CAVE, Psikyo, and Raizing/Eighting shoot 'em up games.
- Wipeout Model Viewer – Fly through Wipeout and Wipeout 2097/XL tracks in your browser.
- Wipeout XL perfect flight – Vintage YouTube clip of five laps through Talon's Reach. Volume warning.
- Wipeout 2097 for Saturn in wireframe – Trippy rendering mode.
- Wipeout 3 ship sketches – By Andy Whiteley of Psygnosis Leeds.
- Wipeout 3 DJ Sasha press release (archive) – From a July 1999 issue of Business Wire.
- Wipeout 3 LEGO concepts – FEISAR and Goteki 45 ships miniaturized as LEGO sets by The Zaps.
- Wipeout Pure graphic designs – By Jon Machin of Studio Liverpool.
- Wipeout HD corporate brand designs – By Alex Townsend of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
- Wipeout Pure to 2048 graphic designs – By Edd Wainwright of Studio Liverpool.
- Wipeout 2010 reboot concepts (archive) – Outsourced pre-production artwork with resemblance to Jet Moto.
- Nostro's Wipeout collection – Fan mega collection of games, music, press kits, and merchandise.
- @dot_bsp – Daily tweets of modern Goldsrc mapping at its very best.
- The Snarkpit – GoldSrc mapping resource.
- The Whole Half-Life – Another GoldSrc mapping resource.
- Technical explanation of Goldsrc (archive) – From an ex-Sven Co-op developer.
- Half-Life on Mod DB – Mods and modding resources, plus annual Mod of the Year competitions.
- Half-Life on GameFront – Previously defunct file depository relaunched by Mod DB in 2016, replacing the interim archive.
- Epistle 3 – Marc Laidlaw evasively explains what happened to Half-Life 3.
- Valve Archive – Fan database of all Valve games and materials released and unreleased.
- Half-Life Library – Virtual bookself preserving the memories and stories of Half-Life's past and future.
- The Boy Who Stole Half-Life 2 – Journalistic piece on the infamous source code leak, plus a 2016 rewrite.
- Half-Life Fact Files – In-depth look on the many insights and secrets of the Half-Life universe.
- Black Mesa disaster on one map – Watch the events of the trilogy unfold simultaneously.
“Don't be shy. All of my items are guaranteed for life and come with a two day warranty.”